My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.justdarlingcakes.co.uk/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday 22 April 2010

Graceful Lace


The inspiration for this wedding cake came from a photo I found on http://www.cakecentral.com/, by 'Lavender Lace'. My bride fell in love with the design as her dress was covered in lace and it seemed to fit the theme perfectly. The lace on the cake was created by using lots of different petal and leaf cutters and then cutting smaller holes and shapes from them, creating what I hope can be recognised as a lace effect. It was very labour intensive but so rewarding, I was very pleased with the results.


The bride and groom are as close to the real thing as I could create using gumpaste. To make the lace effect on Liz's dress I used a technique I borrowed from Ron Ben Israel, I passed a thin sheet of gumpaste with a layer of real lace on top through my pasta machine and the lace imprints onto the gumpaste. Such a clever technique, thank you Ron!
Congratulations to Liz and Peter, and all the best for a wonderful future together xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment