My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.justdarlingcakes.co.uk/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Friday 7 May 2010

Cascading Blossoms







This wedding cake has been a labour of love and I am so proud of the results. I love this design which I would love to take credit for but which was inspired by a picture given to me by the bride. As Jennifer wanted the wow factor without needing several hundred portions of cake the top two tiers are dummy cakes, the bottom tier is traditional fruit cake laced (generously) with brandy, the next tier spicy carrot cake and the next vanilla sponge with vanilla buttercream.






The cakes were stacked and the ribbon added, and then came the flowers, my hand is ready to drop off with all the piping, each one required a tiny blob of royal icing and then the centres needed to be piped and all the surrounding dots and stems... but it was all worth it. Even if I do say so myself it certainly has wow factor :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment