My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.justdarlingcakes.co.uk/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Friday 15 October 2010

The Baker











Personalised cakes are great fun to make and so special for the recipient. I was asked to replicate a cake made last year for an Italian great grandma (see above) but this time it was for the 70th birthday of a lady who bakes pies, who often wears a navy blue fleece and always wears rubber gloves when baking!!! Apparently she also ends up covered in a lot of flour (I with her on that one, I always end up wearing twice as much as goes into the cake).


The pies in question were corned beef ones, so I thought a representation of the ingredients along with a finished pie would look good on the table in front of Irene in her baking gear. I had great fun trying to make the bowl for the mashed up corned beef and the pie dish... you have to get pretty inventive. All in all I'm really pleased with how this turned out, it was a welcome distraction from all the mad stresses this week has brought... but more about that in my next blog with hopefully some good news too!

No comments:

Post a Comment