My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.justdarlingcakes.co.uk/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday 21 April 2010

No artifical colours

With both my daughters having exteme reactions to any kind of artificial colours or flavours, often know as e-numbers, I find myself in a bit of a quandry as a cake designer. All the colours and lustres I use are choc full of evil nasties, which I regularly dispatch to children's parties. I know not all children react the same but I do hate the effect that my cakes could have on the children. So you can imagine my excitement when I discovered some colour pastes that do not contain any artifical colours at all, they are more expensive, but in my opinion worth every penny.

My stock arrived the other day and I cannot wait to use them on Laura's birthday cake next month. For the first time in six years she can eat the icing on her cake without worrying about extreme emotional rollercoaster e numbers send her on. I'm not sure who is more excited her or me!

If anyone else is interested in these you can get them online from www.surbitonart.co.uk they are called Sugarflaire Super-Natural Food Colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment